- Luther Cary (maternal 4th great-grandfather)
- George Clayton (maternal 5th great-grandfather)
- Thomas Cook (maternal 4th great-grandfather)
- William Justice (maternal 5th great-grandfather)
- James Reeves (paternal 4th great-grandfather)
Recognition as a patriot by the
DAR does not require active military duty. In fact, only one of these five, Luther Cary, served in a military unit. The others provided provisions or supplies for the army.
Only those individuals who have had patriotic service documented by a
DAR member are found in the database. There are probably other patriots in our family whose service has not yet been recognized in this way.
Our roots are long and strong in the history of the
. Truly we are descended from revolutionaries! United States of America
© 2011 Denise Spurlock