Thursday, September 8, 2011

Those Places Thursday - 412 Craig Avenue, Fairbanks

Last week I blogged about the little red house my family lived in when my sister was born. I've been searching for addresses where we lived and found one in a newspaper article: 412 Craig Avenue in the Hamilton Acres development in Fairbanks. So I went to Google Earth to see what I could find!

I remember that, when we lived there, it was close to a major highway, which can be seen running from the upper left to the lower right on this image:


The house we lived in had front steps that I fell on once. Left a scar on my knee that didn't disappear for years. It's also where my dad built a sheet metal "swimming" pool for us. Looks like they have done some remodeling, at the very least...


There was a fire station directly across the street but it doesn't look like it's being used anymore!


And there was a grocery store (a Piggly-Wiggly, I think) next to the fire station.



Not sure it's still a market...looks like things have changed a lot since the early '60s!


© 2011 Denise Spurlock

No comments:

Post a Comment