Sunday, November 27, 2011

On This Day: November 27

1768: Samuel Hall, my 6th great-grandfather, gave consent for a license to be issued for the marriage of his daughter Phoebe to my 5th great-grandfather Isaac Eaton. Here is my transcription along with a copy of his consent:

“Mr. John froohek liveing in North Carolina in Roan County
I send these few lines to you to testify you
that I am satisfied that the [?] hear of
Isaac Eaton shall have my dater faby
hall to wed [?] that [?] and if you will
[?] grant him lisons for the same you will
a blige [oblige] me Samuel Hall
  Deted [Dated] November 27 1768”


A typed transcript of the Rowan County, North Carolina, marriage bonds appears below:

These documents provide the documentation for the typed transcript:


[Source: North Carolina, Rowan County, marriage records; "North Carolina, County Marriages, 1762-1979" digital images, FamilySearch (www.familysearch.org : accessed 26 Nov 2011).]

No actual marriage record for Isaac and Phoebe has been found.

Isaac and Phoebe (Hall) Eaton were the parents of six known sons: William, Abraham (from whom I descend), Samuel, Daniel, Isaac, Jr., and Joseph. I do not know at this time whether they had any daughters.



© 2011 Denise Spurlock

No comments:

Post a Comment