Thursday, July 12, 2012

Treasure Chest Thursday - Eastern Star Membership Card

Gram (Mamie Olive Martindale Spurlock) was a member of the Order of Eastern Star, Button Mountain Chapter No. 368, located in Cushing, Texas, as shown on the card below:


My grandparents were married in Cushing, Texas, in 1905, but by 1917, my grandfather was in California and my grandmother was living in Houston. The way her name is printed on the card would indicate she was a divorcee. I don't know when my grandparents divorced, but I suspect it was not until sometime in the late 1920s. I need to see if I can find out if she maintained her membership in the Button Mountain Chapter throughout her life.

The following small card was attached behind the card above. I have no clue as to its meaning or purpose! If one of my readers has any idea about what it might be, I hope they will let me know.



© 2012 Denise Spurlock

No comments:

Post a Comment