Sunday, December 9, 2012

Advent Calendar - December 9 - The Nutcracker


Seeing a performance of Tchaikovsky’s Nutcracker is one of my favorite things to do during the Christmas season. It doesn’t matter to me whether it’s the Bolshoi Ballet or a children’s theater production—I love them all!

About ten years ago I took my granddaughter Krishawna to see the Inland Pacific Ballet's production at the Bridges Auditorium in Claremont, California. It was (I think) her first experience with a live performance of the ballet. I don’t have any pictures of the show itself, but I do have this photo of her just after I gave her the ticket:

Digital image. Copyright Denise Spurlock. 2011.

In 2006 Kris appeared in the San Pedro City Ballet’s production at the Warner Grand Theatre. She wasn't cast as Clara, but I know she enjoyed being part of the show!

When money is tight, I’m happy to watch the Nutcracker on television. A few years ago one of the cable channels ran a marathon of different productions, and we watched as many as we could!


The Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories (ACCM) gives you an opportunity to write about and share your family’s holiday history 24 different ways during 24 days in December! Learn more at http://adventcalendar.geneabloggers.com. This post was originally published in 2011.

© 2012 Denise Spurlock

No comments:

Post a Comment